UALR Center for Arkansas History and Culture 401 President Clinton Avenue Little Rock, AR, 72201 firstname.lastname@example.org
This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit
UALR Center for Arkansas History and Culture
Political Handbill and Letter Collection, 1906-1990
1.5 Linear feet; 1 document box; 1 flat box
Arranged by type of item and political office thereunder.
Scope and Contents Note
This collection contains handbills, letters, and bumper stickers used as election materials related to Arkansas's political candidates running for national, state, county, and municipal offices, including Dale Bumpers, Bill Clinton, Brooks Hays, and Frank White as well as minority and female candidates, such as Dorothy English, Glenn Mahone, and Judy Petty. Also included are materials concerning proposed acts, city ordinances, amendments, and referendums.
African Americans--Political activity--Arkansas--History--20th century
Arkansas. General Assembly. House of Representatives
Arkansas. General Assembly. Senate
Arkansas--Politics and government--20th century
Cravens, William Fadjo, Jr., 1929-2012, collector
Political campaigns--Arkansas--History--20th century
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is available for viewing at the Arkansas Studies Institute.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17-U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. The person using this material is liable for any infringement.
Copyright for correspondence in the collections belongs to those correspondents or their beneficiaries. Persons wanting to re-use those materials are advised to obtain permission from copyright holders.
Political Handbill and Letter Collection, 1906-1990, UALR.MS.0136. UALR Center for Arkansas History and Culture, Arkansas Studies Institute, Little Rock.
Footnote or Endnote info:
Description of item, file number, box number, Political Handbill and Letter Collection, 1906-1990, UALR.MS.0136.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bulk purchased from William "Fadjo" Cravens, Jr., Fort Smith, Arkansas, 1980.